WHO ARE THE STUDENT COUNCIL RESPONSIBLE TO? Ms Waseem
WHO ARE THE STUDENT COUNCIL?
Year 11 – Bisma & Sana Irfan
Year 10 – Khalisa & Saphia
Year 9 – Noor & Alishba
Year 8 – Aliyah & Aamina Ashraf
Year 7 – Fathima Ullah & Aleena
HOW ARE STUDENT COUNCIL CHOSEN?
Student Council members are chosen by volunteering themselves for the position and through an election. Prospective candidates are required to outline how they are suitable for the position during a presentation to their form class. The class will then vote for the candidate they believe will be the best representative and voice of their class.
Student Council members are generally chosen in the last term for the new academic year, based on their character and attitude during the year.
WHAT DO STUDENT COUNCIL DO?
Student Council will be confident, approachable and respected individuals, who are willing to represent their class and are capable of voicing the opinions, concerns and ideas on behalf of their class.
Student Council duties will include:
- Representing their class during the school year
- Voicing the opinions, ideas and concerns of their class during meetings
- Understanding the feedback from the management in a respectful manner
- Relaying feedback from meetings to their class during form time
- Assisting staff and admin whenever necessary
Meetings should be held at least once a month with Ms Waseem. Each Student Council member must keep a record of their meeting minutes in order to effectively give feedback to their class.