WHO ARE THE ANTI-BULLYING AMBASSADORS RESPONSIBLE TO? Ms Waseem
WHO ARE THE ANTI-BULLYING AMBASSADORS?
Year 11 – Humaira and Maleeha
Year 10 – Illsa Hussain and Alieza Mohsin
Year 9 – Aasha H. & Safiya H.
Year 8 – Esha & Aimel
Year 7 – Amas & Afira
HOW ARE ANTI-BULLYING AMBASSADORS CHOSEN?
Anti-bullying Ambassadors are chosen by volunteering themselves for the position and through a class election. Prospective candidates are required to outline how they are suitable for the position during a presentation to their form class. The class will then vote for the candidate they believe will be the best Anti-bullying Ambassador.
Anti-bullying Ambassadors are generally chosen in the last term for the new academic year, based on their caring and friendly character during the year.
WHAT DO ANTI-BULLYING AMBASSADORS DO?
Anti-bullying Ambassadors will be caring, friendly and respected individuals, who are willing to help students whenever is necessary. They will be just in their approach when dealing with any issues between students and will always emphasise the importance of unity and loving one another.
Anti-bullying Ambassadors duties will include:
- Helping new students to settle into school
- Assisting students in resolving disputes and conflict between themselves
- Supporting anyone who feels intimidated, threatened or bullied by any student
- Recording any bullying incidents so a log is kept for future reference
- Ensuring confidentiality is always respected, avoiding escalating any disputes
- Being a friendly face around school – approachable by all students
- Reporting all incidents that cannot be resolved to a senior member or staff member
- Putting a smile on everyone’s face!
Meetings should be held at least once a month with Ms Sophina. Each Anti-bullying Ambassador must keep a record of any incidents in order to effectively give feedback during meetings.