MISSION STATEMENT, AIMS and VALUES
Our school is a faith-based School and a place where Islamic values form the basis of all our policy and practice. Our school motto is as we feel that this statement clearly articulates what the school is about – preparing our students to achieve excellence and becoming role model British Muslim citizens working hard to contribute to society positively. Governors, Staff and Parents are committed to providing the best possible education and experience for each child according to their individual needs, abilities and choices.
Within a framework of Islamic values and community support, we will ensure that each child, by receiving a stimulating and challenging education, will fulfil their potential and achieve academic and moral excellence. Therefore, equipping them with the skills to face the challenges of the 21 century and a journey of life-long learning.
· To develop the Islamic personality of all students in order to produce confident and role model British Muslim citizens.
· To develop outstanding citizens who are proud of, and understand how important it is to contribute to, the social and economic prosperity of our country.
· To ensure the Islamic and British values, especially respect, are at the heart of everything we do.
· To teach respect for a culture of lifelong learning and understand the importance of education and its power to transform lives.
· To teach a curriculum that is not only ambitious but also embodies mutual respect, humanity and a passion for learning in every subject.
· To make sure we support students throughout the curriculum to believe, achieve and succeed
Our core values are based on our Islamic beliefs:
· Compassion upon creation,
“None of you [truly] believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself”.
عَنْ أَبِي حَمْزَةَ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ خَادِمِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله
عليه و سلم قَالَ: “لَا يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدُكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لِأَخِيهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ”.
رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ [رقم:13]، وَمُسْلِمٌ [رقم:45].
During our collective worship, we aim to make these values central to everything we do at school and in life.