MISSION STATEMENT, AIMS and VALUES
Our school is a faith-based School and a place where Islamic values form the basis of all our policy and practice. Our school motto is ‘Striving for academic and moral excellence’ as we feel that this statement clearly articulates what the school is about – preparing our students to achieve excellence and becoming role model British Muslim citizens working hard to contribute to society positively. Governors, Staff and Parents are committed to providing the best possible education and experience for each child according to their individual needs, abilities and choices.
Within a framework of Islamic values and community support, we will ensure that each child, by receiving a stimulating and challenging education, will fulfil their potential and achieve academic and moral excellence. Therefore, equipping them with the skills to face the challenges of the 21st century and a journey of life-long learning.
· To develop the Islamic personality of all students in order to produce confident and role model British Muslim citizens.
· To develop outstanding citizens who are proud of, and understand how important it is to contribute to, the social and economic prosperity of our country.
· To ensure the Islamic and British values, especially respect and tolerance, are at the heart of everything we do.
· To teach respect for a culture of lifelong learning and understand the importance of education and its power to transform lives.
· To teach a curriculum that is not only ambitious but also embodies mutual respect, humanity and a passion for learning in every subject.
· To make sure we support students throughout the curriculum to believe, achieve and succeed
Our core values are based on our Islamic beliefs:
· Compassion upon creation,
On the authority of Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) — the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) — that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“None of you [truly] believes until he loves for his brother that which he loves for himself”.
عَنْ أَبِي حَمْزَةَ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ خَادِمِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله
عليه و سلم قَالَ: “لَا يُؤْمِنُ أَحَدُكُمْ حَتَّى يُحِبَّ لِأَخِيهِ مَا يُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِهِ”.
رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ [رقم:13]، وَمُسْلِمٌ [رقم:45].
BIGS has seven core values. These values have been carefully chosen by all stakeholders including children, parents, staff and governors. Our values underpin all that we do at BIGS and we explore these values in depth. During our collective worship, we aim to make these values central to everything we do at school and in life.
Bolton Islamic Girls School takes very seriously our responsibilities towards safeguarding pupils, please report any concerns to Mrs Sadia Waseem. Designated Safeguarding Lead. All adults working in any capacity in our school have enhanced DBS checks in place.